10.27.2009

_c0da: Colorado Digital Art





So, my latest NERDA endeavor is the _c0da show opening up this week at Object + Thought. Thanks to Ryan Pattie for fantastic flyer design. We were scheduled to open to the public on Wednesday morning, but with the snow and a few more tasks with projectors, the show may open mid-day, although visitors will not be turned away... just a matter of tidying some video up.

We've been planning this event for months and we're finally glad it's on it's way to being seen. I can't believe how much work is involved in producing and designing a show... even when you have jurors to choose the work for you. It's still conceptually a lot of work, and I have learned SO much from this process. I finally have been able to use my gallery skills outside of work and school, and I hope we have a packed reception.

The _c0da show is representing artists from MSCD, CU Boulder, UCCS, UCD and RMCAD. I really hope to put together more shows like this again, creating place for art students to have a discussion in the way that they know best. I think it makes much more sense to get your work off campus and see it up, and only then can you really talk about it and get feedback. The classroom is terribly limiting when it comes to critique, in my opinionated opinion.

At least in the gallery the discussion can be done over beers. The mind needs proper lubrication for contemplation. The MCA was giving members each a free drink with the B+ Lectures and I think that's some damn good planning.

I also have a video work in the show as well, a remix of an older work I did in 2008. In a way, the video makes more sense as a remix.

Friday we'll be handing out hilarious awards, too, and celebrating all things NERDA.